The in-store experience
Why is shopping in stores still so popular?
First, you should know that users are looking for not only a product but also a shopping experience. The in-store experience is more complete than what can be found online considering the aspects of visual, olfactory, and sensory. For 84% of consumers, the shopping experience provided by the seller is as important as the product or service provided.
Besides the experience that can be offered, the main reasons why customers shop in store according to this are:
- Products personalized or adapted to their morphology
- A unique consumer experience
- The possibility of discovering new products
The online experience
However, with online shopping, it is difficult to meet user expectations about the experience, support in obtaining personalized products ,and the ability to get questions answered instantly.
On an ecommerce site, the customer is left alone with thousands of articles. The customer can easily become impatient and leave mostly because of the sophisticated website layout, unfavorable product recommendation, difficulty in finding the target product, and failure of solving the questions.
In addition, the lack of personalization today is one of the main shortcomings of e-commerce. According to an Accenture study:
- 44% of consumers have switched to competitors because there is a lack of personalization. Emphasizing personalization is therefore of the utmost importance for your business
- 66% of French consumers are likely to buy from a company that personalizes its experience
Personalization is therefore an important point to maintain the quality of experience online and offline.
Means to maintain the quality of customer experience
Despite the problems with e-commerce, there are solutions to this.
At Cleed, we offer an AI solution for your site to overcome the challenges of e-commerce.
Indeed, our virtual shopping assistant plays the role of a salesperson to accompany the customer from A to Z (before, during and after the act of purchase). How does it work?
- Cleed's Conversational Assistant is an artificial intelligence solution that enables visitors to benefit from 24/7 automated assistance. It not only helps your customer find the right product but also answers your customers' questions, saving your online advisors’ time by focusing on matters of higher added value or on those requiring subjective opinion. AI complements interactions without replacing them.
- It is also possible to integrate decision trees into an AI tool. They support the user in his purchase to find the product that best suits him by filtering the products according to the criteria chosen. He takes on the role of a virtual salesperson by using traditional sales techniques such as the funnel technique to narrow down the selection and accurately find the right product for the customer.
Thanks to the solution offered by Cleed, the personalization of the user experience can be maximized. The user feels supported at each stage of their purchase. Consumers are becoming fans of digital assistants, 34% of French people say they use them according to an Accenture study.
Our solution has already proven itself on many ecommerce sites. For example, on the site of one of our clients, Avril Gau, where we launched this technology, we were able to significantly increase user satisfaction by shortening customer service processing times, as well as conversion.